For whom? Kenelle? För vem?
The education is planned for:
- For the young people from the European countries, interested in Finland and the Finnish culture.
- The Finnish students who want to improve their English language skills and obtain the cook program diploma in English
- For foreign students with the Finnish Residence permit
Entry requirements for the Vocational Qualification in Hotel, Restaurant and Catering Services program are:
1) The general school Leaving Certificate / High School Certificate or acceptable alternative.
2) An certificate of the international English tests TOEFL (iBT version) or IELTS (Academic version). The requirements are for TOEFL = 60 points and for the IELTS = 5 points. That means that you are a modest user or “Has partial command of the language, coping with overall meaning in most situations. Should be able to handle basic communication in own field”.
3) Health documents are met according to the rules of Vaasa Vocational Institute.
The successful applicants will be required to show a Doctor’s Statement certificate (“T- certificate”) for their health (suitable for this profession) and also a certificate of a negative salmonella test when the school starts (will be taken in Finland). These two certificates shall NOT be attached with the application in January, but later in case applicant is accepted to study.
4) For foreign students coming from outside the EU- countries (not concerning Liechtenstein and Switzerland): Residence permit.
Residence Permit and Visa
The Finnish Local Police are responsible for the granting of a fixed-term residence permit for a foreign student for the period of one year (the maximum at a time). Student themselves must apply for a residence permit. EU-Citizens and equivalent persons do not need a residence permit, but they must register their right to reside in Finland.
For further information on applying for a visa, the validity periods of visas and visa application fees, as well as a list of countries whose citizens do not need visas, see the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
More information about residence permit and visa:
- Residence Permit: Finnish Immigration Service, E-mail: maahanmuuttovirasto(a)migri.fi
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, E-mail: visas.passports(a)formin.fi
- Vaasa Local Police
Time schedule 2013
Important information for all Cook Training Program applicants 2013
We are scoring all applications this week.
Criteria’s to become accepted to the Cook Training Program are the following: education certificates, working experiences and English language test. It is also an advantage if you already live in Finland. The next phase in the process is a short background check of all applicants. We estimate to be able to inform all applicants in the mid of March. We ask you kindly to be patience and wait for further information.
We have received almost 300 applications, so we need the time to process all applications.
All those who have applied will get information by e-mail, weather you have been accepted or not.
Thank you for understanding !
Application period. The application must be stamped and sent by the latest of 31st of January! If later, you can´t be accepted. Look for more information under the link “Application Form”.
We check all applications and send you an (possible) admission letter by the latest of 28.2.2013. Information in the admission letter how to proceed.
Accept your student place and complete the “Student´s registration form”. These forms are included in the admission letter. Send back to us by the latest of 28.3.2013 (poststamped).
Begin to apply for the Residence Permit and Visa!
Fix the health documents that we require!
Apply for an accommodation option in Vaasa! (VOAS)
School begin in the mid of August! Come to Finland in good advance! You´ll get the exact date later in the admission letter.
Apply for a home municipality at your local registry office (and get your finnish social security number).
Visit our school-nurse, give her the health documents and get a remiss for the salmonella test.
Buy your working clothes for the kitchen and restaurant (wait till the Super Visor gives you a list and the address where to buy).
More information from your Supervisor during the first schooldays.
Good Luck and Welcome!